Why you should not vape

Why you should not vape

Griffin Kubitz, Journalist

Why you shouldn’t vape

What is vaping?

A vape is an electronic cigarette, also known as an e-cigarette. Vaping is supposed to be healthier than real cigarettes, but is it? Vaping is designed to be addictive and is targeted toward teenagers. Vaping can cause many health problems, as well as brain damage.

Health Problems

Vaping can cause many problems. Vaping is the leading cause of lung cancer, one of the most common diseases in the world. Many chemicals that cause cancer are in vapes. The particles in vapes can get stuck in the deepest parts of your lungs. Vaping harms growth developments in your brain such as your mood, attention, impulse control, and learning. Other side effects of vaping include seizures, strokes, and heart attacks.

Better than smoking?

Vaping is less harmful than smoking in some ways, even though vaping will still hurt your body. Although they may be a little better for you, they are still more addictive than regular cigarettes. People can buy more addictive cartridges, which have a higher concentration of nicotine. People also increase the voltage to get more of the drug. The reality is, while smoking kills you, vaping kills you faster.

Sinister advertising and more flavors
Tobacco and vape companies are now targeting their advertising towards teens. They are making more and more flavors each year to give a better variety. Disposable vapes are becoming more and more common among teenagers and according to a recent survey, more than 2 million U.S. middle school and high school students report using e-cigarettes.

Why are more people using them?

The reason teens are using vapes is that they think they are less harmful than vapes or not harmful at all. Additionally, vaping costs less than cigarettes so it makes them more attractive to kids who don’t have a ton of money. People also think that vaping makes them cool and that if they don’t vape, they will be peer pressured. Despite how it may seem, you will not be a part of the minority if you refuse to vape.

So?

Stay in school and don’t vape, smoke or do drugs.