Kobe Bryant

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-01-31/kobe-bryant-art-drawings-gianna

Levi Rakita, Journalist

Kobe Bryant

Kobe’s Life

Kobe Bean Bryant, also known as the Black Mamba, was born on August 23, 1978. He lived with his mom (Pam Bryant), dad (Joe Bryant), and two sisters (Sharia and Shaya Bryant). Kobe grew up in Philadelphia and went to Bala Cynwyd Middle school and Lower Merion High school. Kobe was an athlete growing up. He loved basketball and would play it all the time. Because he was so good at the sport, Kobe skipped college to play in the big league after being drafted in 1996 by the Los Angeles Lakers. He got picked right out of high school and was the 13th overall pick in the 1996 draft. Kobe married Vanessa Bryant and had 4 kids named Giana, Natalia, Bianka, and Capri. Though unfortunately Kobe, his daughter, and her team died in a helicopter crash while on their way to Giana’s game on January 26, 2020.

Kobe’s Basketball Career

Kobe got drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers in the 13th overall pick in the 1996 draft. Kobe wore numbers 8 and 24 throughout his career. Kobe spent his entire career playing with the L.A. Lakers. He played 20 seasons in the NBA, he managed to set a few world records, make it to the Hall of Fame, and become one of the greatest basketball players to ever exist.

Kobe’s Achievements

Throughout Kobe’s career, he has had many accomplishments and achievements. Kobe was the youngest player to start an NBA game as he got drafted right out of high school. During his career, he won the NBA finals in 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, and 2010. He was a 12-time All-Defensive selection, two-time NBA scoring champion, and won 4 NBA all-star game MVP awards. Kobe was also an 18-time all-star and two-time Olympic gold medalist. At the end of his career, he won an MVP award, held the number two record for most points in a game (81), and got into the Hall Of Fame in 2020. Kobe’s career ended on April 13, 2016, scoring 60 in his last game before he passed.

In conclusion, Kobe was one of the best basketball players to ever exist. He had a great career right out of high school. He was my favorite basketball player to ever exist and I wish he were still alive. Rest in peace Kobe Bryant.