The Pro’s and Con’s of Private Schools

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Pro’s and Con’s of Private Schools

Simone Halpin, Editor

Some parents choose to enroll their children in Private Schools, but is it worth the money? Read this article to find out the benefits and fallbacks of private schools.

Pros

• Private schools are more academically rigorous, resulting in your child having a hypothetical better education.
  • If you want your child to go to a strictly religious school, Private Schools are the choice.
  • Because the school is private, they can create their own curriculum. They still must teach the students the basics, but in addition, they can also out an emphasis on other programs, such as art, music, or physical training.
  • Private Schools can have more funds for extracurricular activities.
  • Because the school is private, it is like a small community within a community, making the students often feel more connected and safe.

Cons

• Overall, private schools can be very expensive. Including enrollment, tuition and funds, they are way more costly than public schools.
  • While some people think uniforms are a great way to keep the school looking pristine, they can prevent the students from expressing their true selves.
  • Sometimes, private schools have trouble keeping good quality teachers since they are paid less.
  • If you don’t work up to the school’s potential, you will be considered as wasting your parents money.
  • There are much more strict rules, for almost anything you can imagine.

Those are some of the pro’s and con’s of Private School. In the end, it’s up to you to decide what’s best for your child. Which one will you pick?