5 Cool .io Games To Play When Your Bored

Back to Article
Back to Article

Leonardo Alcocer, Editors

1. Surviv.io

Surviv.io is a battle royale game, if you don’t know what that is, it is where a bunch of people have to fight to be the last one standing. Most battle royale games are pretty complicated and very difficult, but Surviv.io is so simplistic, anyone can play. First, you spawn (appear) in a random place on the map. You can use WASD or the arrow keys to move around. If you find a gun, grab it using the F key, make sure to grab ammo as well. If you stumble upon someone, use the cursor to aim at them. In this game there are many guns to choose from, some are better than others, so stock up on your fallen enemies loot until you have an arsenal you like. Once you have cleared the area from bad guys, and have some good guns, watch out for the red zone, it does damage. Don’t forget to grab helmets and vests, they absorb some of the damage you take. Another essential component is a backpack, it allows you to hold extra stuff. There are also melee weapons such as the katana, or axe which can be useful to attack people if you run out of ammo. Let’s say you have survived the beginning of the match, and are in the top 5, keep an eye out for airdrops, they contain good items that can help you win. At last, it is only you and the final enemy. You surprise them from behind and shoot them with a Spas-12 shotgun. All of a sudden everything is still. WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER (you won)

1. Skribbl.io

Skribbl.io is a fun online drawing charades game. In this game, two to eight players are placed in a lobby. There are three rounds in which everyone gets a chance to try to draw a picture of a word they are given. The faster you guess the word the more points you get, and if you’re the drawer you get more points in more people guess correctly. You get more time to draw difficult words. There are many unique words like waterfall, kindergarten, and Spongebob. You will never run out of things to draw. There is also a vote kick system where if a person is not drawing

Anything, you can kick them out. So draw your heart out.

1. Krunker.io

Krunker.io is an online multiplayer first-person shooter game in which your objective is to have the most points at the end of each round. There are four maps and three game modes. The maps are called Burg, Littletown, Subzero, and Sandstorm. Each map contains different strategic choke points and unique areas to keep play fun. The game modes are Hardpoint, Team Death Match, and Free for All. In Hardpoint, each team is trying to have control of the Point the longest. While kills do grant lots of points, the game decides the winners by how long each team has controlled the Point. Team Death Match and Free for All are simple. In Free for All, there are no teams, whoever gets the most points wins. In Team Death Match, whichever team earns the most points also wins. As well as the maps and game modes, you can choose what class you want. There are currently 11 classes, although only 9 can be used in normal games. These “basic” classes include Triggerman, Spray N Pray, Rocketeer, Hunter, Agent

, Run N Gun, Marksman, and Vince. Each of them have their own specialty guns, AK-47, Light Machine Gun, Rocket Launcher, Sniper Rifle, Akimbo Uzi’s, Submachine Gun, Semi-Auto, and Shotgun respectively.

4.Devast.io

Devast.io is a post-apocalyptic game where you have to survive the wasteland. In this game, you are trying to advance as far as you can without dying. You have to keep your temperature and hunger bars above zero, otherwise, you start to die. You can look around for animals or start a tomato farm. Having a fire is also crucial to your survival. You will want to build a base as fast as you can because the longer you live, the more hostile the monsters will get. At night monsters come out, and while they don’t hurt you at first, they get mad if you don’t die in the first few days, and will attack you. Will you become a survivor? Or will you become nothing but memories?

5.Splix.io

Splix.io is a simple 2D game where you, and maybe some friends, play as a little circle and fight to gain as much land as you can get. When you start you’re placed in a random location on a giant map. The controls are similar to Snake, you can only turn up, down, left, or right. When you are in your own territory you are just a circle, however, when you leave your territory you get a tail that connects you to your territory. Be careful though, if you or anyone else crosses over  your line, you will die. If you reconnect back to your territory you gain all of the land you have enclosed. If you stumble upon an enemy try to lure them out of their base. Once they exit, cut across their line, and they will die, leaving open space for you to conquer.

I hope you enjoyed this list of top 5 .io games to play when you’re bored. -Leo Alcocer