Top 15 Richest Athletes

Back to Article
Back to Article

Top 15 Richest Athletes

1. Michael jordan 1.85 billion dollars

Michael Jordan is regarded as one of the best basketball players of all time. He played for the Bulls and Wizards. Michael Jordan not only got money from his NBA contract, he also owns 90% of the Hornets, an NBA team which is worth about 1.05 Billion dollars. He also has his own company of shoes named by his last name of course, Jordan, he made a lot of money from that too

2. Tiger woods 1.7 billion dollars

Tiger Woods holds the record for the highest paid Golfer in the world. Tiger Woods made 43.7Million dollars in just 2017. Aside from that, Woods has had many deals with some big companies like Nike and Monster Energy. Tiger Woods owns a 55 million, 10 acre, property, a 54 million private jet, and a 25 million dollar yacht

3. Arnold palmer 1.4 billion dollars

Arnold Palmer was an american golfer and is regarded as one of the best golfers ever. He passes away on september 25, 2016. As of today, he’s 5th on the all time victory list. He’s the second richest golfer behind Tiger Woods. He’s made a lot of money like everyone else off sponsors

4. Jack Nicklaus 1.2 billion dollars

Jack Nicklaus is one of the best golfers of all time. He’s made 320 million dollars off just golfing. Of course, like every other golfer, he gets paid extra money for sponsors and deals. He also got a lot of money from all the tournaments he won. All of this eventually adds up to 1.2 Billion.

5. Michael Schumacher 1 billion dollars

Michael Schumacher is a famous car racing star. He has won many grand prix races. Throughout his career, he’s made more than 400M by just racing. Not to mention he still makes 50M when he’s not racing just from sponsors. Sponsorships went as far to the point where they paid him 10M dollars for him to wear a hat with the company’s logo on it. All of these little thing add up to 1 billion dollars.

6. Phil Mickelson 815 million dollars

Phil Mickelson has won 44 events on the PGA tour, including 5 major championships. He was born on june 16, 1970, he’s currently 48 years old. Due to all his championships and milestones, he’s made a lot of money. He got money from sponsors and dealerships. Mickelson is one of 16 players in the history of golf to win at least three of the four majors.

7.Kobe Bryant 800 million(Tie)

Kobe Bryant is one of the most talented players in NBA history. Bryant has made a lot of money over his NBA career, but believe it or not, most of his money came from endorsements like Nintendo, Turkish Airlines, and Sprite. The biggest endorsement for him is NIke which paid him 10 million per year. In 2016, he made 26 million from endorsements.

David Beckham 800 million(Tie)

David Beckham is a professional retired soccer player. He has played for Manchester United, L.A. Galaxy, and Real Madrid as a club team and played for the England National Team. With Manchester United, he won the Premier League title six times, the FA Cup twice, and the UEFA Champions League in 1999. He then played four seasons with Real Madrid, winning the La Liga championship in his final season with the club.

8. Floyd Mayweather 785 million dollars

Floyd Mayweather is a professional american boxing promoter and a former professional boxer. He competed from 1996 to 2007 and 2009 to 2015 and made a one fight comeback in 2017. He is known for his defensive abilities and his overall knowledge and strategy of boxing.  

9. Shaquille O’Neal 735 million dollars

Shaquille O’Neal was a Basketball player that played for 6 different NBA teams; the Heat, Suns, Lakers, Celtics, Magic, and Cavaliers. Not only did Shaq make more than 100M In the NBA, he also invested in Apple, Google, 5 guys, and many other smaller companies. Shaq also had his own signature shoes. During his career, he approximately sold 120 million pairs

10. Lebron James 730 million dollars

Lebron James is a Basketball player that’s currently playing for the LA Lakers. He’s gonna make 153M dollars over a span of 4 years. He also has his own signature shoe. Although Lebron is not a billionaire just yet, he has a lifetime contract with Nike worth about 1 Billion dollars.

11. Cristiano Ronaldo 725 million dollars

Cristiano Ronaldo is a professional soccer player that plays for the club Real Madrid and the national team of Portugal. Lately, he has been rising up the charts as one of the most paid athletes in the world, earning 93 million dollars just last year. His recent contract extension with Real Madrid will make his earnings even higher.

12. Greg Norman 705 Million dollars

Greg Norman is a professional australian golfer that spent 331 weeks as the world’s Number 1 Official Golf Rankings ranked golfer in the 80s and 90s. He has won 91 international tournaments including 20 PGA tournaments and 2 majors: The Open Championships in 1986 and 1993. He was also the PGA Tour Player of the Year in 1995. He is also in the World Golf Hall of Fame.

13. Mike Tyson 700 million dollars

Mike Tyson is a former professional boxer who reigned as the world heavyweight champion and holds the record as the youngest boxer to win a heavyweight title at 20 years old. He has earned about 400 million dollars from boxing. After his boxing career, Tyson has become an actor and has business partnerships around gaming, motorcycles, and fitness centers.

14. Roger Federer 675 million dollars

Roger Federer is a professional tennis player that has won almost the most titles in tennis history, including the record for the most Australian Open’s (6), most men’s Wimbledon titles (8), and a record of 5 consecutive U.S. Open titles, and one French title. He has the crown for the highest career prize-money on the ATP tour with 112 million dollars.

15. Lionel Messi 600 million dollars 

Messi is a professional soccer player that plays for the club Barcelona and for the national team of Argentina. He has been playing for Barcelona ever since he was 13 years old. Messi will be with Barcelona until the 2020-2021 season because of his contract extension. The buyout clause in order to acquire Messi is a minimum of 835 million dollars.