What is “Apex Legends”

Behruz Azimov, Editor/Journalist/Reporter

What Is ”Apex Legends“

A new game has came out and it blowing up right now. This game is becoming the most popular game played currently, slowly overthrowing a popular game that everyone has been playing the past year “Fortnite Battle Royale”. It is called Apex Legends. Apex Legends is another Battle Royale video game(Battle Royale is where players fight to the death and whoever is the last one standing wins) that is competing with Fortnite and everybody is playing it with already 25 million players in its first week of the video game being released.

Apex Legends is a free-to-play Battle Royale Video game that is powered by Respawn Entertainment (Creators of Titanfall) and EA Sports and available on PS4, Xbox One, and PC. You can choose up to 8 legends that gives you a certain ability that you can use in the match. These abilities are helpful in game but do not provide that much of an advantage, making the game NOT pay-to-win which is very good. Out of the 8 legends you can choose from, 6 of them are free and the other 2 require a small purchase to be able to use them. The 8 legends include:

Bangalore:

• A professional soldier where her abilities are Smoke Launcher, where she throws smoke grenades and it is useful to escape in case you are in a bad situation or want to confuse you opponents. Double Time, where if she is getting fired at, she can run at a faster speed/pace. Rolling thunder where she calls in a artillery attack and small missiles fall from the sky and explode after a few seconds. She is the go to legend for people that like aggressive gameplay and the run and gun lifestyle.   

• Bloodhound

A technological tracker where his abilities are Eye Of The Allfather, where all nearby enemies and traps are highlighted and shown around you. Tracker, where he shows/sees footsteps and sees there traces so he can track opponents down. Beast Of The Hunt, it makes Bloodhound move at a much faster rate and it allows him to find targets easily and track them down for 1 minute.

• Caustic

This is one of the 2 legends where you have to pay in order to have access to it. A toxic trapper where his abilities include Nox Gas Trap, where he drops canisters that release deadly gases tha

t hurt your opponents when they are shot or triggered by enemies. Nox Vision, where he gains the ability to see through his gas, basically gas vision. Nox Gas Grenade, it blankets a large area of gas that hurts yours opponents and do not worry, your teammates and yourself are immune to these gases that hurt your opponents.

• Gibraltar

This shielded character’s abilities include Dome Of Protect, where he throws down a shield that blocks attacks from enemies for 15 seconds. Gun Shield, where if you aim your gun, you will block incoming

fire but you will be able to shoot you enemies. Defensive Bombardment, where he calls in a mortar strike from the air in a certain small area.

• Lifeline

This combat medic abilities include, D.O.C. Heal Drone, where she call her ”Drone Of Compassion“ that automatically heals you and your nearby teammates, which is very helpful if you do not have any healable items or you have a teammate that has just been revived. Combat Medic, where she revives knocked down teammates at a faster rate while being protected by a shield wall, meaning that you do not have to worry about being killed while reviving a teammate that is knocked down. Care Package, where she calls in a loot drop from the sky that contains high quality defensive gear.

• Mirage

This is the only other character where you need to pay in order to have access to this character. This Holograph Trickster abilities include, Psyche Out, where he sends out a holographic decoy of himself to trick and confuse enemies. Encore, where he drops a decoy and clone of himself when he is knocked down so people won’t kill you right away, giving you more of a chance to survive when you are knocked down so you can keep on playing the match. Vanishing Act, where he deploys many decoys and clones of himself so you can get away or distract/confuse/trick your enemies and eliminate them easily.

• Pathfinder

This Forward Scout abilities include Grappling Hook, where he can grapple to out-of-reach places such as high trees or maybe over a mountain. Insider Knowledge, where he scans a survey beacon, letting him know where the next ring will be without it showing on the map. Zipline Gun, where he creates a zipline for everybody to use, allowing you and your team to go across canyons and get to the zone much quicker, allowing you to not receive any damage from the ring.

• Wraith

This whirlwind fighter abilities include Into The Void, where she goes in void space, where she is invisible to her enemies and you can’t take and damage. Voices From The Void, where a voice in her head tells you if there are enemies near you, aiming

at you, or there are traps nearby. Dimensional Rift, where she can link 2 locations with portals for 60 seconds, allowing your entire team to use the portals.

Apex Legends was released on February 4, 2019 and is growing at a very fast rate. Apex Legends is a new game that everybody is playing and will become more successful than it already is right now, with over 40 million players playing the game in less than a month of its release.