The Panic! At The Disco Trilogy

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Panic! At The Disco Trilogy

Sophie Bironas, Editor

Panic! At The Disco is notorious for their dark songs and even darker music videos. Unless you are a massive panic stan, you might not notice the storyline their music videos follow. Keep in mind not all the videos relate to the storyline, but I believe they will all connect at some point. Here, I will present the order in which the music videos were released, rather than following the storyline.

The first music video was for their song “This Is Gospel” from the album “Too Weird to Live, Too Rare to Die.” In this video Brendon, the lead singer, is dying and being buried. At the beginning of the video, he goes to the hospital and is under operation, where he dies. Then he is seen readied for burial, and his coffin thrown into the water. He escapes the casket and is seen running into a bright light. 

Next, in the “Emperor’s New Clothes” video, from “Death of a Bachelor,” the beginning is obviously tied to “This Is Gospel,” with Brendon running toward the light. He is then falling into the dark and dingy, demon filled underworld. The video follows him as he slowly turns into a demon. At the end, he is evilly grinning, as you hear screaming in the background.

Lastly, the most recent video is their song “Say Amen,” from their album “Pray for the Wicked.” This video seems to be the prequel to “This Is Gospel.” At the beginning, a news broadcast reports a key, the Devil’s Key, is stolen from a museum. Then, men dressed in black break into Brendon’s house. During the rest of the video, Brendon is fighting and killing those men. A girl arrives at his house, which is scattered with dead bodies. This girl and Brendon share a steamy kiss. Brendon proceeds to take off his dress shirt, revealing the Devil’s Key hanging on a chain around his neck. The girl wants the key and beats up Brendon, hitting him in the head with a baseball bat. At the end of the video, she grabs the key and you hear the beat to “This Is Gospel.”

The storyline follows as such: Brendon steals the Devil’s Key and gets killed because of it. Then, Brendon is going to the hospital to be saved; however, they can not revive him, and he is buried. He then falls to hell and slowly evolves into a demon. I believe there is more of this story to come, but we will have to wait until their next album to find out what happens next.