The Benefits Of Reading

Rajeev Singh, Adminastrator

How many hours did you spend reading books last week? Answer honestly, because your response could affect your life. Submerging yourself in a great book can wake up your brain. Science is now proving the reading has many benefits. Here are 6 benefits of reading books.

Number 1, when you read you are still and relaxed.. Our breathing slows down, and we start to imagine ourselves in the worlds or situations described by the words in the book. While reading we cannot think of other task or worries. Because of all these reasons reading reduces stress.

Number 2, it can boost your brain power and keep it sharp. Just like a jog your cardiovascular system keeps you in shape, reading every day can improve memory function by giving your brain a good workout.

Number 3, reading helps you sleep better. Even if you just read for 10 minutes before bed can make a huge difference to your mind. As long as the book won’t keep you up all night.

Number 4, reading a book can make you more empathetic. Reading a good book can make it easier for you to understand other people’s emotion. Literary fiction has the power to help readers what others are thinking.

Number 5, is that books may help fight Alzheimer’s. Reading puts your brain to work. Those who put their brain to work are 2.5 times less likely to develop Alzheimer’s.

Number 6, reading can widen your vocabulary. The words found in the books you read will eventually make into your life through the pages of your book, being well-spoken is a bonus point in many professions. Overall reading a book can change your life.