Useful Apps

Ryan Fernandez, Author

Our world is surrounded by apps. There are so many apps to choose from, we might be unaware and overwhelmed determining which ones are really useful. Check these out: Install them on your smartphone for daily life or just must haves.

Flush is an app that contains the information of where the closest public restroom is. It has a database of over 190,000 public restroom locations. The app does not require wifi or cellular data and it is free. Flush also provides information if the bathrooms include disable access and if you need a key for access.

Image result for flush app

Google Translate translates languages and is helpful especially if in a foreign nation   Google Translate’s first great leap forward came from huge data and computing power, for big languages, at least, its next leap forward will rely more on clever software engineering. This will hopefully allow even more improvement for the app. This app is overall very useful for its ability to help people understand another language at ease.

Image result for google translate

Google Assistant allows you to ask any question, create plans and reminders, and take care of useful tasks.  The Assistant will be able to identify objects and gather visual information through the device’s camera, and support purchasing products and sending money by connecting bank account to your google account. Google Home would be able to shop entirely by voice for products through its shopping service Google Express, with products available to purchase from Whole Foods, Costco, Walgreens, Petsmart, and Bed Bath & Beyond at launch. Google Assistant allows people to complete everyday actions with the command of your voice.

Image result for google assistant

Waze gives drivers the Quickest route to places allowing you to save time and gas. It is an alternative option for Google Maps and is basically a GPS app but is useful due to the support from users. Users can report problems on routes and Waze is able to stay relevant due to the traffic updates.

Dark Sky gives you real time weather reports from your location. It also warns you upcoming whether approaching your location and possible dangerous upcoming weather. The app also allows you to see into the future using their map which contains incoming storms and predicted weather.

Image result for dark sky app

Citymapper contains information on the public transit located near you that can enable you to get to your destination. The app tells the cost of transit, stops and how long the ride will be to get to your desired location. It is an easy way to find public transportation. This shows you route on every continent except Africa.

Image result for city mapper

These apps are very convenient and are very accessible things to help with everyday life. With a tap of a button so much information is at your fingertips. With the growth and development of technology our scientific knowledge is only growing to benefit our future.