Stan Lee Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Appearances

Christie Yee

Stan Lee, the American comic book writer and creator of Marvel comics, makes a cameo appearance in nearly every Marvel Cinematic Universe movie. Sometimes, Lee is easily seen, but other times, he is harder to notice. Read on to learn about all of his appearances!

1. Iron Man

In 2008, Stan Lee makes an appearance in the first Iron Man film. Surrounded by girls, Tony Stark mistakes him as Hugh Hefner during his party.

1. The Incredible Hulk

In the second Marvel Cinematic Universe movie, Stan Lee is seen grabbing a soft drink infused with Bruce Banner’s blood.      

3.Iron Man 2

In Iron Man 2, Tony Stark mistakes Lee for Larry King, a television and radio host.

1. Thor

In 2011, Stan Lee makes his cameo in Thor as the man who unsuccessfully tries to move Thor’s hammer with his pickup truck.

1. Captain America: The First Avenger

In this movie, Stan Lee is a confused WWII general at a press conference who doesn’t know what Captain America looks like.

1. The Avengers

In 2012, Stan Lee appears in a newsreel as a chess player who doesn’t think much of superheros. A random citizen in New York, he says, “Superheroes in New York? Give me a break.”

1.  Iron Man 3

In this film, Lee is seen as an enthusiastic beauty pageant judge and gives a beauty pageant a perfect “10”.

1. Thor: The Dark World

In 2013, Stan Lee makes an appearance as a patient in the same mental institution as Erik Selvig. He is sitting in a chair and offers Erik Selvig his shoe.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

In this movie, Lee is a security guard who worries about getting fired after realizing Captain America’s suit has been stolen from the museum.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy

Stan Lee is spotted by Rocket flirting with a young woman.

1. Avengers: Age of Ultron

In 2015, Lee is seen as a military vet who drinks Thor’s 1000-year-old bottle of Asgardian liquor. He is carried away after getting too drunk and mutters, “Excelsior.”

1. Ant-Man

In Ant-Man, Lee pops up as a friendly bartender who has an interaction with Luis and Scott, agreeing with their conversation; his line is, “Super fine.”

1. Captain America: Civil War

In 2016, Stan Lee appears as a Fed-Ex delivery man who delivers Tony Stark a package. Lee misreads Stark’s name as “Tony Stank.”

1. Doctor Strange

During the battle between Doctor Strange, Mordo, and Kaecilius, Stan Lee is a passenger on a bus in New York City, reading a copy of The Doors of Perception, completely unaware that the world is folding in half.

1. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

In this movie, Lee is an astronaut, telling a story to three creatures, called “watchers,” about how he used to be a postman on earth.

1. Spider-Man: Homecoming

Lee plays Gary, a man yelling out his window at Spiderman. He barks, “Don’t make me come down there you punk,” after Spiderman causes a scene with a man trying to break into his own car.

1. Thor: Ragnarok

In Thor, Lee is the guy who cuts off Thor’s hair, on the planet Sakaar.

1. Black Panther

In this movie, Stan Lee appears as a player at the craps table. He kindly offers to “hold those chips” that T’Challa won, until he returned.

1. Avengers: Infinity War

Stan Lee is the bus driver who drives Peter Parker home from school. Peter spots an alien spaceship and asks his friend, Ned, to make a distraction. As all the Science and Tech students look outside, Stan Lee yells, “What, you kids never seen a spaceship before?”

Have you ever wondered who that guy is who keeps popping up in these movies? At age 95, Stan Lee is still living the dream.