Elon Musk

Elon Musk – Savior of the World? King of Mars? Entrepreneur Extraordinaire…!

Born on June 28, 1971, Elon Musk is a South African, Canadian-American Entrepreneur, with citizenship in all three countries. He has founded some of the most high-profile companies in the world including, SpaceX, Tesla, and The Boring Company, which have made huge impacts in technology and innovation.

SpaceX

SpaceX is a private space company, founded in 2002 by Elon Musk, and over the years, it has perfected reusable rockets, making spaceflight cheaper than ever before. In 2008 it successfully launched the Falcon 1 rocket into low-Earth orbit and became the first private company to do so. SpaceX’s strategy for building rockets is an efficient system, with everything made in-house, by SpaceX. Almost 80% of the components needed for their rockets are made by them, which significantly lowers the cost of spaceflight. Also, their  rockets are reusable. The boosters land and are reused, and recently, they have started trying to catch the couling using giant nets.

SpaceX’s ultimate goal is to get humans to Mars, and beyond. Their current largest rocket is the Falcon Heavy, but this alone would not allow humans to colonize Mars, so they have put most of their resources into developing their most ambitious rocket yet, the BFR (Big Falcon Rocket). When complete this will be the largest rocket ever built, surpassing the Saturn V’s massive engine. SpaceX’ genius economic systems allows manufacturing of affordable rockets.

Elon Musk believes his rockets will be able to transport humans to Mars and the Moon and could be used for very fast transportation around our planet. Plans include building a tanker version of the rocket that chases after the main ship as it heads towards Mars to gives it the fuel it needs to get there.

As Space travel becomes easier, more private companies like SpaceX and Blue Origins will compete for access to private space travel affordability. Currently, SpaceX is leading the way, and one day, likely in the not too distant future, spaceflight will be an everyday thing, just as the car was once only for the rich. Perhaps soon, everyone will utilize rockets.

Falcon Heavy, is the second largest rocket ever built, and one of its many attributes is its cost-effective construction. The Falcon Heavy’s development plan was announced in the April of 2011 in a press conference in Washington D.C. Elon Musk believes that this could be the first step to his Mars colonization project. It was launched on February 6, 2018, and is the most powerful rocket ever launched. It was shot into space carrying SpaceX founder, Elon Musk’s car, a red Tesla Roadster. Two of the booster rockets successfully landed back on earth and will be reused. The Falcon Heavy is the first of a chain of rockets to be manufactured. The future of space travel depends on them.

JetSuiteX

JetSuiteX is Elon Musk’s air travel company. Musk’s jets hold just 30 people, giving a semi-private flying experience. Travelers with get to their destinations faster, with no lines, no crowds, no waiting, and best of all, no stress.  JetSuiteX is a public charter air carrier that sells tickets for flights between California, Montana, and Nevada, in the United States. Musk launched JetSuiteX in April of 2016. The company started operations soon after selling tickets for flights between Burbank and Concord, California. JetSuiteX flights depart from private jet terminals, separate from the terminals used by traditional airlines and are equipped with their own TSA checkpoints, allowing tr

avelers to go from parking to take off in just 15 minutes. 

Complimentary beverages and snacks are offered in both the airport lounge and on board. First class offers more leg room, comfortable leather seats and full flight attendant service. Pets are also allowed on the plane, right by your side. Luggage can weigh no more than 25 lbs on the five passenger. One of the Phenom 100, the total luggage weights is 250 lbs. For the bigger planes, the Embraer 135s, baggage max is 91.9 lb. Passengers can experience flying like never before.

The Boring Company

Elon Musk is also the CEO of The Boring Company. The Boring Company was founded on December 17, 2016 and has been digging a massive tunnel system under Los Angeles as a project to ease traffic above ground. They use an old boring machine that moves incredibly slow, their goal is to beat the speed of gary, a snail,C and finish the massive tunnel system. Cars would get on a pad on the surface, be dropped down to the tunnel, and be taken wherever it needs on a skid that travels very fast through the tunnels. Spelunking will change forever.

Tesla

One of Musk’s revolutionary companies, Tesla has changed the way we view transportation. The Tesla brand is one of the most popular names in the car industry. Tesla is known for their revolutionary electric cars. Tesla’s three main all-electric cars are becoming more and more desirable. They’re everywhere. Especially in Foster City, where a day doesn’t go by without multiple Tesla sightings..

Top Tesla Car Models

Tesla Model S

One of the trendy cars from Tesla was the first electric car to top the monthly new cars sales in any country. The Tesla Model S is a full sized all electric, five door vehicle introduced on June 22, 2012. It sports the well-known feature Autopilot, which is an advanced driver assistance system that controls the brakes, steering, and throttle and can even make lane changes. It also features a huge 17 inch touchscreen display that replaces the main center console in a regular car. It controls almost everything in the car whether it’s the navigation system, the radio, or the AC. It has a 60-100 kWh lithium-ion battery that has a 215-315 mile range. With the huge touchscreen display, it shows the surrounds of the car, with its advanced parking sensors that aid with parking and driving. Another feature many Tesla fanatics love is the Tesla app. The app can unlock or lock the car, flash the lights or trigger the horn. It can even show the exact location of the car and its charge level. If it’s a chilly day outside, the app can preheat the car, so upon entering, the seats are nice and toasty. This car’s price is lower than the Tesla Model X, costing $60,000 for the smallest battery, and $94,000 for the largest.

Tesla Model X:

Another popular Tesla car is the Tesla Model X. This car was Tesla’s first all electric SUV, meant for families who can afford the expensive car. A feature that differentiates this car from its siblings are the Falcon Wing Rear Doors, which open fully or partially upwards, with sensors detecting if it is close to hitting something.  With the Tesla app, and the press of a button, the owner can summon the car out from its parking spot, making it easier to enter the car. It also has the Autopilot feature, like the Tesla Model S, but it is not as advanced as people might think. It cannot come to a stop at red lights, meaning that the driver must be alert. The only physical controls in the center console area are the glove compartment and the hazard button. All seven seats can be heated, which makes the passenger experience more enjoyable. Now for the price. The price usually makes or breaks the deal for potential Tesla buyers, with the smallest battery option at $80,000 and the largest at $142,000.

Tesla Model 3:    

The most popular Tesla car is the Tesla Model 3. Tesla offers this car as an affordable version. It starts at $35,000 which is a big difference from its siblings. Don’t get too excited, as demand has increased, there is now a 12-18 month waitlist. Also, many features of other Tesla’s have not been included in this model. The huge 17 inch display has been reduced to a smaller tablet size. Owners also have to pay for each use of Tesla’s superchargers, while other models have free unlimited supercharging for life of ownership. There are less than 100 configurations unlike the over 1,500 in the Model X.