State Colleges

Fiona Lee, Ananya Pant, Christie Yee, and Kylee Kim

There are 23 California State University campuses known for providing a higher education to millions in California, attracting students from across the country and around the world. Each CSU is ranked for their academics and what Bachelor, Masters, and Doctoral degrees they offer.

San Diego State University is ranked number one of all Cal State universities. The most popular majors are Business Administration and Management, Psychology, Criminal Justice and Safety Studies, Health and Physical Education, and Biological Sciences. San Diego State University has an undergraduate enrollment of 29,853, with an acceptance rate of 35%.

CSU Northridge is ranked second out of the twenty three campuses. Some of its most popular majors include Psychology, Business Administration and Management, Sociology, Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies, and Radio and Television. Northridge has an enrollment of 38,310 undergraduates, with an acceptance rate of 48%.

San Jose State University is listed 35 out of all West Regional Universities and third of Cal State Universities. They are known for having the highest philanthropic support among all of the CSU campuses. Most popular majors include Business Administration and Management, Library and Information Science, Psychology, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and Education. San Jose State has an acceptance rate of 53.4% and a total undergraduate enrollment of 26,432 students.

Of the CSUs, California Polytechnic State University-San Luis Obispo is ranked fourth. The most popular majors are Business Administration and Management, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical and Electronics Engineering. California Polytechnic has an undergraduate enrollment of 20,426 and an acceptance rate of 30%.

The California State University of Fullerton is ranked fifth of the Cal State universities. Preferred majors include Business Administration and Management, Speech Communication and Rhetoric, Psychology, Early Childhood Education and Teaching, Health and Physical Education/Fitness. Fullerton has an undergraduate enrollment of 34, 576 students with an acceptance rate of 42%.

San Francisco State University is ranked sixth of the CSU campuses. The most popular majors are Business, Management, Marketing, Social Sciences, Visual and Performing Arts, Biology and Biomedical Sciences, Communication, Journalism, and other related programs. The undergraduate enrollment at San Francisco State is 25,945 and has a acceptance rate of 68%.

CSU Sacramento is ranked seventh of the Cal State universities. Most students major in Business Management, Criminal Justice/Safety Studies, Speech Communication Rhetoric, Psychology, and Registered Nursing. With an acceptance rate of 72%, they have an undergraduate enrollment of 17,239.

CSU Long Beach is ranked eighth of the Cal State universities. Its most popular majors are Business Management, Rhetoric and Composition, Psychology, Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies, Registered Nursing. CSU Long Beach has an undergraduate enrollment of 32,246 with an acceptance rate of 32%.

These eight are a few of the Cal State Universities. The other CSUs include the California State University Channel Islands, California State University Dominguez Hills, California State University East Bay , California State University San Bernardino, Humboldt State University, California State Polytechnic University Pomona, California State University Bakersfield, California State University Chico, California State University Fresno, California State University Los Angeles, California State University Monterey Bay , California State University San Marcos, California State University Stanislaus, San Diego State University Imperial Valley Campus, and Sonoma State University Maritime Academy.