Top 5 Food Trends of 2017

Joey Salvail, Author

Top 5 Food Trends of 2017

Tacos:

Tacos may not seem like anything new, but they became huge in 2017. Tacos were all over social media, mainly Instagram. People are even eating tacos for breakfast, in addition to lunch and dinner. Tacos are evolving, shedding their shells.Tacos are being wrapped in seaweed with poke filling, and tortilla with pasta filling. Luckily, however, the classic taco won’t be gone anytime soon.

Avocado Toast:

Avocado on toast: This is not a new concept. However, fancied up and renamed Avocado Toast, restaurants are charging $15. A bit pricey, but people love it. 2017 was a huge year for Avocado Toast. Toppings are what make it interesting: Some people order a sunny-side up egg, others a artichoke hearts, or jalapenos. Whatever you decide, give it a try! Totally worth it!

Chicken and Waffles:

Soul food. Comfort food. Chicken and waffles are a traditional Southern comfort food, which made their way to New York homes and restaurants in the early 20th century. They slowly started to make their way out of New York, and caught on quickly, as people love them. They became social-media-famous in 2017, and now the whole world craves this interesting combination of flavors. The sweet and savory flavors combine perfectly, making them the perfect food, for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.

Cheese Stuffed Everything:

One of the biggest food trends of 2017 was stuffing any and everything with cheese. Cheese stuffed meatballs, chicken breast, pizza crust, mushrooms. Pretty much anything you can think of. Imagine cutting into a meatball and  ooey-gooey-cheesy-goodness flows out. It sounds delicious. Give it a try. Cheese stuffed jalepeno? I dare you!

Edible Cookie Dough:

Edible Cookie Dough became a huge sensation in 2017. All of us have taken a bite of raw cookie dough, knowing raw egg is dangerous to eat, but we still did it. It is too tempting. Well, a cafe in New York, “The Cookie Dough Cafe,” now makes edible cookie dough. There are different flavors like Oreo, Confetti, Chocolate chip, and Monster flavor, with peanut butter, M&M’s and chocolate chips. If you do not want to fly all the way to New York to try these delicious flavors, then you can order it online at https://www.thecookiedoughcafe.com/store. Trust me, it’s worth it.

1 Comment

One Response to “Top 5 Food Trends of 2017”

1. Satvik Reddy on February 15th, 2018 12:46 pm

I love chicken and waffles

[Reply]

• advice column

• advice column

Advice Column

• Top 5 Food Trends of 2017

Useful Apps

• Announcements

The Benefits Of Reading

• Announcements

World Cup

• Top 5 Food Trends of 2017

News

Hawaii Volcanoes

• Arts and Entertainment

Stan Lee Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Appearances

• Top 5 Food Trends of 2017

Opinions

Corporate Collaboration with Schools

• Top 5 Food Trends of 2017

Student Life

Perfectionism

• Top 5 Food Trends of 2017

San Francisco Giants

Top 5 Food Trends of 2017