Jake Paul

Ryan Fernandez Gino Gianoli Joseph Salvail, Authors

By now most people have heard of the  internet famous Jake Paul. He is a 22 year old Youtuber and former Disney star who grew up in Ohio. He was a successful high school wrestler, alongside his brother Logan Paul, who is also a famous Youtuber and actor. Jake Paul was on the Disney show Bizaardvark until he was released on July 24, 2017. Jake Paul began his career in September 2013 posting videos on Vine. By the time Vine shut down, Jake Paul had 5.3 million followers and 2 billion plays on Vine. Because of this following, he had the fastest growing Youtube channel at the time.

Jake first got into recording videos in middle school, making videos with his brother Logan on their channel ZOOSH. Although they stopped uploading videos to their channel, it has grown to 45,000 subscribers. Jake’s new hit song, “Its Everyday Bro,” has blown up, receiving 100 million views. However, it has gained much hate, as well, receiving more the 2 million dislikes. The video consisted of Jake bragging about how famous he is, taunting his ex girlfriend Alissa Violet, and insulting his own brother Logan Paul because Jake had more subscribers at that point. This has caused a huge rift in the brothers’ relationship. Logan responded with a song about all the stupid things his brother has done.

Team 10

Jake Paul lives with a group of friends who call themselves “Team 10.” Each of the Team 10 members could get in serious trouble if they ever vlog in the Team 10 house again. When Jake Paul returned to the house after a trip to Miami, Nick Crompton explained that the city had banned them from filming on the property of the Team 10 house. They were informed that if they film, they would be charged with up to 6 months in jail unless they have a permit and a police officer or firefighter on duty. The Team has been involved in many of conflicts  with their neighbors. In one of their vlogs they started a fire in their pool. Some of the neighbors said the flames were higher than the house.

When News Crew 5 talked to Paul about the flames in the pool he acted crazy along with the entire Team 10. He climbed on top of the News 5 vans, then rode his dirt bike on the sidewalk, and did not respond to any questions. Recently Team 10 accused another famous Youtube star Faze Banks of assaulting their assistant Megan, Faze Banks later responded to Jake Paul’s video, and told his side of the story. All the fans believed Faze Banks side and said that Jake Paul made it all up for more views/ attention. Right now it is not figured out if it is made up or Jake Paul assistants was actually assaulted by Faze Banks. Faze Banks told all his fans that he got a lawyer to get the tapes and figure out if he actually did it. Recently the accusation was finalized as fake.

Jake Paul and his Team 10 crew have a goal to gain more and more fans. They have a total combined following number of 86,000,000 and is still growing at 100,000 new followers every month. Jake Paul and Team 10’s goal is to become a more popular group than the Kardashians. Jake Paul said “I formed Team 10 because I want my own crew. If you look at the biggest people on social media right now, it’s the Kardashians. My goal is to form a crew that’s bigger than them collectively. It might take us five years, but we’ll get there.” As you can see Jake Paul created Team 10 to become the most popular social media stars.